Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pack your bags, 2014

Sunday, December 28, 2014
:
Earlier this month I got to spend one of the funnest days ever with some really special people. I'm always fond of adventures and quality time in small gatherings, and I think thats why I loved the small trip so much. One of Regis's friends has a beautiful country house on the outskirts of Tegucigalpa and he invited us and a few other friends over on a Sunday for a well-deserved break from the city and relaxing time to enjoy the season's weather. Regis had already been at the location during summer and had been eager for me to be able to tag along sometime. As soon as we got there, I immediately knew why. Carlos' (Regis' friend) Monteredondo house and land is the perfect getaway destination and an ideal get-together spot for a change. Vast acres of land, a lake, barnhouse, and the coziest, big wooden cabin all make up the Monteredondo landmark, and it its absolutely breathtaking. It is all surrounded by the region's mountains and hills, which adds to the astonishing panorama. As a photography enthusiast, I was thrilled to snap shots of all that I could, and I did. 

All the people involved have some of the best sense of humor I know, so we all had an exceptional time laughing, sharing, sipping on Honduran beer, and adventuring on and around Monteredondo. Not to mention one of the highlights of the day that included kayaking at the lake and three of our friends flipping over. THAT was truly something. Close to sunset we went up the mountain riding a Rhino kart, and even though we were nearly freezing cold, we all enjoyed gathering for pictures and simply enjoy the stunning view for a while. 

I was happy to hold my camera in my hands for the majority of the day, taking photographs and capturing moments and details of the location on video. I recorded some of our day talk and hanging out, and b-roll from indoor/outdoor details in hopes of putting together a short video of the whole day later on. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I decided to go with it and also give my post-production skills some practice. The final product is a cute -and funny- short movie of the highlights from our Monteredondo weekend. I'm excited to share this experience with my readers, and once again with the small group of friends who got the chance to live it with me. Moments and company like these make me love life more, and keep me looking forward for more impromptu trips [to Monteredondo :P] in 2015! I hope all is swell and my best wishes go out to all of you as we say good-bye to another unforgettable year. 






































Watch "A Monteredondo Weekend" on VIMEO !
xx, J

2 comments:

Joan Hidalgo Blog © 2014